Monday 18 October 2010

My first post

I've never written a blog before. Actually I've never even written a journal. But, I have decided to start writing a blog. This is going to be my blog... It's going to be mainly about me, how I feel and what has made me happy or sad and how I'm still standing!

I'm still standing has become my motto in life. Depending on the type of day or week I've had I will play the Elton John classic and dance around the living room - sometimes I cry and sometimes I laugh but I always try and dance. The singing and dancing has the same impact on my Mum!

So why is this my motto? 2009 wasn't the best year of my life. I'm 26 and I know that the future is going to have a lot of ups and downs, but I know that 2009 was the worst year of my life so far and I truly hope that I don't get another year like it. In 2009 my Dad died. He was 53 years old and it was very sudden. No warning, no heads up, no divine sign - One minute he was sat on the sofa and the next he had had a massive heart attack and was gone. Unfortunately this wasn't the only bad thing of 2009 - my brother and his wife got divorced and my boyfriend left for work one morning and decided he wanted to be a single man again.

So when I'm having a bad day I play my favourite Elton John song and I'm thankful that I am still standing because I know it's going to take a lot more to knock me over!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Cousin, I am so proud of you for kicking off your blog and I am sorry for not finding it sooner! Your honest words spoke volumes to me this morning, i found the song on spotify and played it...admittedly today I cried, but I completely understand your sentiments. Love you lots Miss M. Look forward to reading more from you.xxx

    ReplyDelete