Sunday 21 November 2010

I heart Harry Potter

 Ok, I'll admit I wasn't always a Harry Potter fan. Actually I was a Harry Potter hater. I described it as an overrated childrens book and I refused to read any of them. I also mocked my Dad (who was a Harry Potter fan) mercilessly. He would order the books from Amazon so that they arrived on release day and would always drag my Mum along to see the films with him. I stood and mocked him from the side!!

 How wrong was I!?!?!

To celebrate Dads birthday (July 16th) me and my Mum and brother went to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was my first experience of the films and even though I had no real idea about what was going on I loved it. But I needed more, I wanted the back story and information about all the characters. Thankfully the school summer holibobs were coming up and so I made a decision.

I decided to read all the books for my Dad. This time it was me being mocked by both family and friends and I couldn't blame them! It didn't take long before I was completely obsessed. I would carry whichever books I was reading with me wherever I went and I would read whenever I had a spare minute! I loved the books!

Yesterday my Mum took me to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1... We were at the cinema 1hr before the film started - we needed to make sure we had good seats - we had fizzy drinks, popcorn and sweets just like my Dad loved. It was a fab evening and I loved the film - I am eager for the final film to be released. I also need to return to the earlier films and watch those!

I am so glad that I lost my negative view of Harry Potter and gave in to Potter mania. I just wish I could tell my Dad how wrong I was and how right he was!!

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to add a ratings widget - But I can't get it work!

    ReplyDelete